Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

What is everyone trading in for the Audi S3?

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What are you trading in to get the S3?

We'll be trading in our C55.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
My old G35

steelgirl

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic. Super sweet (and very loud) car. My friends are going to be dumbfounded, no doubt. But once I let them ride with me in the S3, I think with shut up lol!

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic. Super sweet (and very loud) car. My friends are going to be dumbfounded, no doubt. But once I let them ride with me in the S3, I think with shut up lol!
Funny I was debating on waiting for a Hellcat but found out how much dealers were charging and changed my mind.

steelgirl

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Funny I was debating on waiting for a Hellcat but found out how much dealers were charging and changed my mind.
I had my eye on SRT8 non Hellcat. But even those were pretty high. Decided it was time to drive a grown up car for a change :).

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Sold my 2012 S4 before purchasing my S3... dealers were low-balling me

S3 M?xico

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
What I Drive
Camaro ss 2014
I wanna change my 2014 camaro ss

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
2015 Honda Civic

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3

Reactions
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 S3|Prestige|Blk Optics|S.Seats
Traded in my '11 S4 for my '16 S3 Prestige.

Reactions
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 S3|Prestige|Blk Optics|S.Seats
How does the S3 compare to your old S4?
The S3 is just a fun to drive as the S4. S4 was a bit bigger on the inside, but I still feel comfortable in the S3. As far as handling, I can tell the S4 was a bigger car when throwing around curves. The S3 handling is much more nimble than the S4 and more fun in the corners. As far as power, the S4 (with the supercharger) was much more linear whereas the S3's turbo punch, you feel the power more. Off the line I know the S3 is quicker (not by much), but the S4 is no slouch either.

I was looking for a smaller car and started to look at the S3. Even a CPO S4 was in the price range of a nicely equipped S3 so I went with it.

Not regrets as I love all the option in the Prestige model and love the color (Sepang) and the sport seats remind me of the seats in the S4.

Kevin

s3s3s3

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 s3
I was going to trade in my 2010 Honda CRV but ended up keeping it to haul my dogs around. After buying my S3, decided I did not want my dogs in it!!! A CRV to a brand new s3 was a HUGE leap!!!!!!!

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
I was going to trade in my 2010 Honda CRV but ended up keeping it to haul my dogs around. After buying my S3, decided I did not want my dogs in it!!! A CRV to a brand new s3 was a HUGE leap!!!!!!!
If Audi brings the S3 hatchback to the US, you could carry your dogs in it. I would agree with you, the S3 and CRV are light years apart, that's a CUV and the S3 is a sports sedan. Getting used to the S3's size didn't take a huge amount of time, or not owning a Honda for the last nine years I got used to it easily. It was a switch that I don't regret ever making. It is my VERY FIRST all wheel drive car, even though some people complain about the Haldex system used in the car. My dad's 2015 Q50 has all wheel drive, and their system is really cool. The S3 is very usable and practical.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
lol that is a huge leap. I've hauled our small dog around every once in awhile. I just put the kennel in the back seat and cover up really good with towels to protect the seat.

derek28862

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2016 s3 saloon
trading in A250 amg merc

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Last edited:

esemett

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
S3
Traded in my Lancer Evolution MR. Mitsubishi let me down to say the least, it was a great car but the service was horrendous. Way happier with Audi and the S3.