Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

braille car battery, lithium super lite weight!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
just found brailles new lithium car batteris.
these might be the next item once the stockers goes out.

positives:

Lithium delivers a higher, cleaner voltage which improves the performance of every electrical component and has shown to provide:

• Quicker starting (a full volt higher than lead and less voltage drop during cranking)

• Improved engine management & data logging performance (more stable voltage)

• Less horsepower draw from the alternator due to efficient charging (5 times faster than lead),

• Lasts 3-5 times longer (especially under the harshest environments),

• Much more reliable (less than 1% failure rate)

• Significant weight savings. (up to 1/4 the weight)

• Don’t self-discharge, so if the battery is disconnected (no draw or via power disconnect switch), they can sit for over a year+ and still maintain over 13 volts to start the vehicle.

negative:
price

website link:
braille car battery, lithium carbon

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
$1600 for a battery?:eek:

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
That is pretty pricey

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #4
another new lithium battery

XS Power | TITAN8 | PWR-S5 12V Lithium Battery (Burst Discharge)

$599.99

This Titan8 Series Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO) series uses a very high power lithium cell that is designed for very high burst output (up to 100 times its capacity) as well as very high charge current (30-60 times its capacity). This translates to a single 10Ah module that can support burst current up to 1,000A, and can accept 300A of continuous charge current. The built in 2/0 bussing allows up to 4 Positive and 4 Negative hidden direct connections to each module without the need for any external exposed bussing, while still leaving two easily accessible top terminals and four series or parallel expansion terminals to easily build a bank of nearly any configuration from 12V, 24V, 36V, or any configuration imaginable.
MSRP: $688.99
Weight Lbs. – 8lbs
Weight Kgs. – 3.63kgs
Length – 7.4 in
Height – 5 in
Width – 4.85 in
Voltage – 12V
Wattage – 5,000
MAX Amps – 2,000
Energy Wh – 120
CA – 1,000A
CA Pb Eq – 1,500A
Ah – 10
Ah Pb Eq – 30

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #5
update july 2020
braille has the correct sizes for our cars. i believe that we are group 48 battery size.
(if anyone can verify that)
they currently have 3 versions. short, stardard, and double capcity and power models.

$1,449.99 USD
i48CE - Intensity Carbon Group 48 (low profile) lithium battery
The I48CE model is a low profile version (2 inches shorter than stock battery) lithium upgrade for vehicles that are equipped with a Group 48 battery.

$1,499.99 USD
i48CX - Intensity Carbon Group 48 (standard height) lithium battery
The I48CX model is a standard height lithium upgrade for vehicles that are equipped with a Group 48 battery.

$2,499.99 USD
i48CS - Intensity Carbon Group 48 (MAX power & capacity) lithium battery
The I48CS model is a standard height lithium upgrade for vehicles that are equipped with a Group 48 battery. This model has DOUBLE the power & capacity of the ultra lightweight CE & CX models