Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Battery Repalcement

craig mac

Reactions
City
bellmore
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 S3
Just replaced the battery in a 2019 S3----purchased OEM for $280---they are now asking for $225 for recoding---is that reasonable?

J

Johnny

Why did you replace the battery in the first place? Did you measure the voltage of the generator with a multimeter?
Most people replace batteries when the generator is the culprit. Then the car will work ok for a week and then fail again.
So then most people conclude that the new battery was also bad and they buy a new ... etc ... etc....

A multimeter cost less than $20! Go figure!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Just replaced the battery in a 2019 S3----purchased OEM for $280---they are now asking for $225 for recoding---is that reasonable?
to answer your question, depends.
think about what you can do versus what you cant do.
do you have the knowledge to do it?
do you have the proper tools?
do you have the inclination to do it and/or learn how to do it?

if you have the knowledge and tools, no matter the price, it would be too much to pay. i have the tools and knowledge, therefore even at $20.00 that would be too much for me.

if you don't have any of these then would $225 be unaffordable?

you could also ask around to see if specialized indy shops for coding. that would be another option.

since you didn't ask about he battery, ill just give my opinion on that OEM battery anyways. :p
i would never buy an OEM battery. they suck!
they also are overpriced for what they are.
i went with lithium. i have not regretted that decision. now that is expensive but its a really good battery. i mean its realllyyyy good!
but if it sucked i would totally tell you all if it did. :cool:

if you want to learn more you can search my installation post on the lithium unit i have.
so far its been running really well. no complaints at all.